Posted January 23, 2023
La Storia Productions is an award winning, full-service, video production company and content creation studio, headquartered in Boulder, CO. Our team of award-winning Directors, Cinematographers, Photographers, Producers, Editors, you name ‘em…. craft top-shelf, financially accessible, cinematic marketing solutions for clients looking for fresh ideas, impactful outcomes and a trusted creative partner that’s in it for the long haul. Our staff is passionate about telling stories and work to bring a shared, results-driven vision to life, in a manner that makes everyone proud to have been on the path that led to it.
We’re looking for a highly skilled, talented and motivated Senior Editor who is committed to creating high-quality, innovative, commercial marketing content. If that sounds like you, please apply to join our creative team!
To apply, please send your resume and work portfolio to: [email protected]
THE NITTY GRITTY
The Senior Editor will be responsible for facilitating, overseeing, and updating our post production process and interacting with clients as needed, to represent the company in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee Post Production workflow from completion of production through final delivery of assets
- Maintain clarity of information and communication between the La Storia internal team and La Storia’s 3rd party vendors and independent contractors, including: Producers, Project Managers, editors, Graphics, Color Correctors, Audio Post Houses, etc. throughout the post production process
- Maintain clear, concise communication with La Storia clients throughout the post production process, including schedule management, organization of client assets, milestone setting, resolving problems as they arise and presenting possible creative solutions to the internal La Storia team and clients, when appropriate
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers and Producers to create an achievable Post schedule and major milestones for the post process and to ensure all deadlines are met
- Work collaboratively with Dept. Heads, Assoc. Creative Director, Project Managers and Producers to estimate fair and equitable budgets for the execution of the editing process for each project
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers and Producers to track Post Production editing hours to anticipate client overages well in advance and identify potential scheduling conflicts
- Help to create and maintain a professional and clean office environment for co-workers and clients
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the programs, tools and processes used for editing
- Maintain a general knowledge of computer hardware and storage technology, as they relate to the editing process
- Help the Production Dept. as needed to set up, move or load video / photo equipment and assist La Storia on-set with various Production-related duties, as needed and available
- Maintain a general knowledge of the latest computer hardware and storage technology, as they relate to the editing process and are beneficial to our industry and clients
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest editing programs, tools, processes and technique advancements
- Maintain ability to quickly and effectively edit projects in Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve
- 5+ years professional experience in a production company or ad agency in an editorial capacity.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Ability to function in a multi-task environment, independently and in a team.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism and teamwork.
- Must handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Must be able to prioritize, manage, follow through and report on multiple tasks on a regular basis.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Strong proficiency in editing programs including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Davinci Resolve
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Audition preferred.
- General office skills.
- Experience with Google Drive suite.
SKILLS OF INTEREST, NOT REQUIRED:
- 2D Text Callouts
- 2D Animation
- 3D Animation
PERSONAL QUALITIES & VALUES:
- Hard working
- Insatiable curiosity to better our craft and willingness to be a forever learner
- Willing to step in and help co-workers in and out of the Post Dept.
- Ability to problem solve on the fly and present solutions while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude in high-stress situations.
We are ideally seeking a local candidate that can work from our Boulder, CO headquarters, but will consider all remote candidates (provided a remote setting is the ideal workflow for the candidate to do their best work).
This is a full-time position with optional health benefits including medical, dental and vision; and unlimited paid vacation and sick leave.
The salary available for this position will be decided based on experience, but the estimated salary range is $75K - $85K annually.
APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMELINES
Review of applications will begin immediately. La Storia reserves the right to close the position search at any point.
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and those with lived experience with racism and/or misogynoir are encouraged to apply for this role.
La Storia is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send your resume and work portfolio to: [email protected] .